The fine print.
Standard Inspections are conducted Wednesdays of each week between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm, whereas Accelerated Inspections are guaranteed complete within two business days of receipt of this completed form. Your inspection request form must be submitted prior to 12:00 pm on Tuesday to be scheduled for the current week. Inspection forms received after noon will be complete on Wednesday of the following week.
Our team will call to confirm receipt of your Septic Inspection Request Form. During the confirmation, we can tell you the date we will complete the inspection, but no timeline will be given. Upon arrival, our inspector will knock at the front door to notify anyone home what we are doing on the property.
Why are septic inspections necessary?
Septic inspections may seem like a hassle, but they in fact have multiple advantages to everyone including:
- Helps avoid maintenance emergencies (such as backups into home)
- Promotes better performance of system
- Enhances home value
- Helps ensure safe drinking water
- Helps ensure safety around the property
What should I expect during the inspection?
- Upon site arrival, the inspector will knock on front door to notify residents of the inspection. If nobody answers, a notice will
- be placed in the door.
- Our inspector will then inspect the septic system. In order to complete the inspection, we may need to:
- Walk and visually assess the property
- Remove caps on maintenance pipes of system
- Probe ground to locate tank and other system features
- Conduct soil borings (Holes will be backfilled when complete)
- When complete, the inspector will need to document their findings and clean up their tools.
- Within 15 days, the results will be mailed to the system owner, and Local Unit of Government (LGU)
Do I need to be present during the inspection?
Since we don’t need access to the home, it’s not required for you to be on site. If nobody answers the door upon arrival, the inspector will leave a notice of the inspection in the door and continue the inspection.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Give us a call at (218) 444-8004 or find us online at www.karvakko.com.